What: Learn to Solder, with a variety of cool kits!
You can easily learn all of the skills you need in a short time.
Make a project, and take it home with you!
When: Saturday, February 15th, 2pm-5pm
Most projects take about 1.5 to 2 hours
Where: Makerspace Urbana
202 S. Broadway Ave in Urbana
at the Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center (IMC).
Who: You! All ages, all skill levels — It is fun to make things in the
friendly community of Makerspace Urbana.
Come join us. Everyone is welcome.
Cost: Instruction is free! We ask that people pay only for the cost of
the parts used — kit prices range from $10 to $20.
– No need to register — just come on by!
Learn to solder! Mitch Altman will bring kits to make cool, practical, intriguing, hackable things that you can bring home after you make it.
Plenty of cool kits are available to make, including:
- TV-B-Gone (turn off TVs in public places!)
- Brain Machine (Meditate, Hallucinate, and Trip Out!)
- Trippy RGB Waves (interactive blinky lights!)
- MiniPOV (more cool blinky lights!)
- MintyBoost (charge your USB enabled gadgets!)
- Hello My Name Is… badge (Geeky, blinky version!)
- Arduino clones (make just about anything!)
Anyone can learn to solder! Even if you have never made anything in your life, you can learn this very useful and enjoyable skill. It really is fun! Mitch has taught tens of thousands of people to solder all around the world, and he can teach you, too! Add yourself to the ever increasing community!Read More